The internal structures of modern classrooms have changed dramatically in recent years. This workshop will explore modern classroom learning spaces and reflect on how these spaces can dramatically improve student learning outcomes.
What will the workshop cover?
- How to understand the needs of your school and demographic to tailor the best classroom outcomes
- How to navigate a crowded market of solution providers
- Exploring the factors currently driving change in school classroom design and development
- Exploring different configurations of classrooms such as open planned and flexible classroom spaces
- Understanding the role that technology and furniture can play in enhancing student learning environments
Skapaskolan caters for students from pre-school up to grade 8. Opened in 2013, the schools vision aimed to lead the way into the internet age for elementary schools. This year Skapaskolan is set to move into a new location this year to accommodate 500 students. This session will explore:
- The role of new technology in increasing learning outcomes for students
- The planning, approval, design and construction challenges faced during the delivery of this school
- Exploring the vision behind the learning environment created at Skapaskolan through innovations in furniture, design and technology